Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cheesiest Cheese and Macaroni!

For Christmas my 5 year old niece gave Bryan and me My A to Z Recipe Box: An Alphabet of Recipes for Kids Let me tell you -- the kid was thrilled! He really wanted to make Deviled Eggs while we were Texas over Christmas but it didn't work so we made "Cheesiest Cheese & Macaroni" after we got back into San Diego.

It was awesomely wonderful! I'm used to reading recipes that call for you cook the cheese sauce ahead of time -- nope. We mixed up cheddar, mozzarella, ricotta and grated Parmesan. Added in the heavy cream and milk.. I took care of cooking the noodles and Bryan mixed it all together! Then we carefully poured it into a dish (and I say carefully because it was super wet without the sauce being precooked) and into the oven it went after Bryan dutifully sprinkled bread crumbs and more Parmesan on top.

I was weary of how it would turn out since it was so wet but it was wonderful! It help together fantastically and Bryan had two servings of it that same night.

5/5 forks up on this one.

1 comment: